San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2023
What we do
Vana is creating a system for everyone to immerse themselves in their digital likeness and unleash their creative potential through generative AI. You can try out https://portrait.vana.com/ to get a sense of the early experience. We are a small team that got started out of MIT and have raised $20M from top VCs.
For more information, see our hiring FAQ.
Generative AI is breaking all the rules - blurring the lines between creator and consumer, between data and output, between code and art. Amidst this revolution is something truly beautiful: you. At Vana, we’re a community working together to harness the power of AI and data, to unleash its creative potential to explore our digital selves.
By now, each of us has a digital fingerprint. A web of interlinked data is woven from every key tapped, step tracked, or photo taken in our lifetime. Combining this fingerprint with generative AI give us the power to scale ourselves exponentially, augmenting ourselves with amazing out of this world abilities.
About the Team:
The UX/UI Designer sits within Vana’s Product Team. The Mission of the Vana Product Team is to create amazing product experiences that users fall in love with.
Team Summary (What does this team do?):
The Product Team is responsible for translating Vana’s corporate vision into tangible products. It does this by coordinating the end-to-end process of product creation: ideation, discovery, scoping, delivery, and deployment. The Product Team plays a leading role in facilitating cross-functional collaboration, translating across functions, and ensuring that Vana is considering all relevant viewpoints, and managing trade-offs wisely.
As our first UX/UI Designer, you will play a critical role in shaping the way that Vana’s mission is translated into a tangible product for our users. We see an ongoing role for an in-house UX/UI Designer to ensure that Vana is remaining responsive to advancements in AI and society’s understanding of it. The role will also push Vana to be at the forefront of shifting trends in design, working closely with our Brand Team to craft our distinct voice and identity.
- Developing innovative interaction/UX design options based-on parameters scoped by the Product Team and the Executive.
- Developing UI designs in Figma - at various levels of resolution - to allow for both early and continuous user testing and implementation by our Front-End Engineering Team.
- Working closely with our User Research and Insights team to champion continuous testing and fast iteration of designs, features, and products.
- Working with the Product Team and the Executive to ensure that users are being taught mental models that align with Vana’s long-term vision.
- Working collaboratively with the Product Team, the Brand Team, and Vana’s creative bench (copywriters, illustrators, etc.) to ensure that the design is consistent with our brand identity and is able to come to life.
- Pushing the Product Team and the Executive to consider novel possibilities for products, experiences, interactions, and designs - backed by trend analysis and research.
- 3+ years experience as UX/UI Designer or Product Designer
- Wireframing with tools like Miro, Balsamiq, etc…
- Prototyping and Design with Figma, alternatively experience in AdobeXD is fine too…
- Working within an agile environment using Project & Task Management tools like Linear, ClickUp, JIRA, Trello, ZenHub, Redmine, etc…
- Frontend programming experience
- Working at an early stage company, start-up
What we offer
We are building a foundational piece of the user-owned internet and would love for you to be a part of our team. We are a diverse group of driven, smart, and ambitious individuals, constantly challenging each other to grow, learn and iterate faster. We are experts across our fields and experienced entrepreneurs looking to scale our success in something deeply mission-driven.
For more information, see our Vana Hiring FAQ [External].
At Vana, we are big on collaboration and supporting each other to learn, grow, and excel in our individual pursuits. In addition to joining the Vana family, the successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive base salary
- A generous benefits package including health insurance, dental and vision
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO