Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
As a data and implementations analyst, you will work closely with our Subject Matter Expert (SME), engineering and product management teams to understand and work across all areas of our public sector client solutions. You will be involved in understanding digital asset trading and transaction data (across equities, commodities, fiat, cryptocurrency, etc.) to support critical client projects in automation and process improvement by leveraging TaxBit’s cutting edge software solutions.
As an Analyst, you will help track client projects, assess client data, map solution architecture, and support both internal and external critical initiatives. TaxBit is growing rapidly and we’re looking for talent to grow with us who are passionate about client service and being at the forefront of solving some of the most complex problems in the fintech world.
You will play a critical role across multiple teams in delivering amazing experiences and software functionality for our partners and clients. The ideal candidate is someone who can work with complex transactional data, can manage projects from beginning to end, can quickly learn new things and problem solve, and most importantly possesses a do-whatever-it-takes mentality in ensuring that our clients have the best experience possible.
This is what you’ll do on a day to day basis:
- Work on engagement teams with clients who include some of the largest government agencies and companies in the world
- Become a subject matter expert in TaxBit’s products and services
- Perform data analysis on complex data sets received from clients as part of solution delivery; including data normalization, analysis, testing, mining, and reconciliation to ensure accurate and complete client solutions.
- Develop an understanding of client data and how it can be consumed and integrated into TaxBit’s systems for client solution delivery
- Work with TaxBit’s technology development teams in communicating data integration to ensure accuracy and completeness of client data for solution implementation
- Evaluate the current needs within a partner’s processes, and work with TaxBit colleagues to determining how to best meet the identified objectives
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients, their customers, business processes, products, and goals through proactive communication and in-depth discovery
- A critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, high attention to detail and thoroughness in approach
- Exceptional organizational skills; able to juggle multiple projects as well as disparate information
- Experience working with data and various data analysis tools in order to organize and normalize data for solution development. Specifically, proficiency with Excel, SQL, VBA, and Python is a must; working knowledge of AWS and business intelligence tools (e.g. Alteryx) a plus.
- Strong desire to keep up with emerging issues, industry news, and best practices
- Aptitude to learn new industry skill sets, primarily digital assets, accounting, and finance.
- 2+ years of experience, but open to recent graduates who demonstrate high capacity
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with TalkSpace
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Discretionary Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Fertility Benefit
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Monday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.