VP of Finance
Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is seeking a leader to oversee all finance functions, including but not limited to strategic planning/growth, forecasting, financial analysis, and operational growth throughout TaxBit.
This leadership position will oversee the Finance Team, managing all financial matters as they relate to accounting, reporting, budget management, cost-benefit analysis, M&A, and cash flow. Additionally, the role will serve on our Senior Leadership Team reporting to the CEO and regularly interact with the Board of Directors.
- Build TaxBit’s financial infrastructure by providing ongoing insight to financial performance, opportunities for growth, and financial strategy
- Oversee TaxBit’s Finance team, driving process improvements and automation while encouraging efficiency and effectiveness within the finance function
- Collaborate with and serve as a strategic thought partner to other senior leaders
- Oversee all accounting processes (AP/AR, bank reconciliations, close processes, etc) and recommend, evaluate, and integrate any necessary tools or software necessary
- Compile timely and accurate accounting records, implementing internal controls in accordance with GAAP and other requirements
- Manage tax and financial audits and tax compliance, serving as a liaison with external auditors, tax advisors, and government agencies.
- Execute the financial planning cycle, including short & long term forecasts, monthly reporting, and annual budgets to support strategic decision making across TaxBit
- Provide risk management and oversee insurance and other policies.
- Manage each TaxBit business’s finance-related activities, monitoring progress against the Annual Operating Plan
- Optimize TaxBit’s resource allocation to align with company priorities and goals through consistent monitoring and reporting (capital investments, operating expenditures, etc)
- Manage vendor relationships and assist business owners in negotiating commercial contracts with vendors
- Drive all M&A workstreams and opportunities.
The base salary range for this role is $190,000 - $270,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Proven experience as a finance leader (fintech or SaaS experience preferred)
- FP&A in-house experience preferred
- Solid understanding of financial management and accounting
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.