Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Osmosis is a community-created decentralized exchange that serves the Cosmos community, bringing multi-chain DeFi to life, starting with the Cosmos interoperability layer. Early contributors to Osmosis include the Keplr wallet team and members of the earliest Cosmos core development team.
We’re a community of passionate industry thought leaders whose research and development work is used at the frontier of cryptography and crypto-economic design. We have our finger on the pulse on the market and are collaborating on bringing to life innovations that improve the defi experience.
Start contributing to Osmosis to become part of a global, international movement that will disrupt traditional finance as we know it.
How We Work:
Our community works around the world - in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. We cooperate over Slack, Discord, and GitHub. We ship fast and iterate quickly to best address the rapidly evolving demands of the market.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented and experienced Test Engineer to join our growing team at Osmosis. As a Test Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality, reliability, and performance of our decentralized exchange web platform *and* blockchain. You will collaborate closely with the development and product teams to design and execute test strategies, identify and report defects with steps to reproduce, and build test automation to make it more efficient for Osmosis engineers to deliver high-quality changes into our systems.
What you could work on:
- Develop comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts based on functional and technical requirements.
- Design and implement automated testing frameworks and tools to facilitate efficient and effective test execution.
- Execute various types of testing, including functional, regression, integration, performance, and security testing, to ensure high-quality software releases.
- Identify, record, and track software defects, working closely with the development team to ensure timely resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure test coverage, provide feedback on product usability, and advocate for quality improvements.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews to provide input from a testing perspective and contribute to the overall software quality.
- Continuously evaluate and improve testing processes and methodologies to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Own CI testing environment to assure that when there is a breakage that it is diagnosed and worked on asap.
You may be a fit to this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a Test Engineer or in a similar quality assurance role, preferably in the blockchain or cryptocurrency industry.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience with test automation frameworks, such as Cypress or similar tools.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology, decentralized finance (DeFi), and cryptocurrency concepts.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail, with the ability to analyze complex systems and identify potential issues.
- Familiarity with Cosmos network or other blockchain platforms.
- Knowledge of smart contract testing and security best practices.
$115,000 - $155,000
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of DeFi
- Flexible work schedule
- Travel stipend for in-person conferences and meetups
- Flexible PTO
- Compensation in stables and $OSMO tokens
- Work at the forefront of the blockchain sector and within the Cosmos ecosystem
Osmosis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.