Senior Product Designer
Osmosis is a community-created decentralized exchange that serves the Cosmos community, bringing multi-chain DeFi to life, starting with the Cosmos interoperability layer. Early contributors to Osmosis include the Keplr wallet team and members of the earliest Cosmos core development team.
We’re a community of passionate industry thought leaders whose research and development work is used at the frontier of cryptography and cryptoeconomic design. We have our finger on the pulse on the market and are collaborating on bringing to life innovations that improve the defi experience.
Start contributing to Osmosis to become part of a global, international movement that will disrupt traditional finance as we know it.
How We Work
Our community works around the world - in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. We cooperate over Slack, Discord, and GitHub. We ship fast and iterate quickly to best address the rapidly evolving demands of the market.
- Ownership of the entire design stack, including: speccing projects; designing workflows, detailed interactions, high-fidelity visuals, and ensuring quality implementation.
- Finding elegant solutions to user problems, and thinking critically from the user perspective.
- Simplifying and culling design elements with a ruthless eye.
- Crafting designs from first principles (beyond just referencing existing solutions which have many biases, especially in the world of blockchain).
- Imbue mundane tasks and flows with a feeling of delight.
- Rapidly prototype visual and UX concepts and then narrow them to the right solution.
- Explain and debate the reasoning behind your decisions.
- Interface closely with the product, data, and engineering teams.
- Have the ability to design whole systems, not just interface elements or static pages.
- Have experience designing consumer facing products.
- Have experience and interest in the entire design stack, including UI/UX, visual design, and interaction design.
- Have a strong intuition of when to innovate and when to follow existing experiences that users are familiar with.
- Have a strong personal design aesthetic and also understand the Osmosis aesthetic.
- Want to create functional but delightful designs that predict and exceed users’ expectations.
- Feel comfortable anticipating and designing for edge cases.
- Understand the balance between perfect design and getting to market.
- Previous experience in blockchain.
- Have experience building products that have few or no precedents.
- Worked in remote or fully-distributed teams
$125,000 - $190,000
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of DeFi
- Flexible work schedule
- Travel stipend for in-person conferences and meetups
- Flexible PTO
- Compensation in stables and $OSMO tokens
- Work at the forefront of the blockchain sector and within the Cosmos ecosystem
Osmosis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.