Business Development Lead
About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective leads the blockchain protocol landscape, dedicated to fostering a scalable and sustainable ecosystem. Optimism’s ethos, in sync with Ethereum's vision, tackles pivotal coordination challenges of the digital age. Optimism’s goal is to harmonize private incentives with public good, shaping a resilient future for the Internet. Optimism’s scope spans diverse areas like Gaming, DeFi, NFTs, and Enterprise.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
Optimism Unlimited is looking for a Business Development Lead to develop key partnerships and accelerate Superchain adoption. You'll create and own long-term strategies, ensuring alignment with our long term strategy and goals. Ideal candidates have experience working in web3 , a solid understanding of blockchain, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to align internal stakeholders and present to diverse audiences. Join us in shaping the future of Ethereum Scaling! This is a senior individual contributor role, high level of ownership and autonomy is expected!
What are the role responsibilities?
- Develop and manage key partnerships with businesses and stakeholders in the blockchain ecosystem
- Develop and own strategy process and framework for key verticals
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure partnership goals align with company product, marketing, and sales objectives
- Develop a deep knowledge and ability to speak credibly about the Superchain and its positioning in market.
- Communicate effectively with partners and internal teams to ensure alignment and achievement of KPIs
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, competitive landscape, and partnership opportunities
- You lead large, high-priority, cross-functional, strategic projects, driving multiple decisions that have a significant impact on the company’s direction and growth.
What skills do you bring?
- Experience in establishing partnerships in blockchain, understand how to structure win - win deals
- Strong understanding of the blockchain landscape, from infrastructure to immediate use cases for DeFI, gaming, Social, and the key up and coming players in each
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to identify, pursue and close complex partnerships
- Experience in driving alignment from key internal stakeholders to support strategic decisions
- Work closely with Product teams to ensure technical feasibility
- High level of ownership and autonomy, with an endless appetite to stay up on new industry and technological developments.
- Ability to present and speak in public to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you'll like about us:
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.