Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Posted on Tuesday, July 6, 2021
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Software Engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling feature-rich, well-tested, and polished applications with modern technologies like GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres. This individual will spearhead core features of the OpenSea marketplace backend.
- Build out well-tested backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments
- Scale OpenSea across multiple blockchains and core protocols
- 4+ years of professional experience building scalable backend systems
- Drive and ambition to lead the development of a brand new platform
- An ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands
- Fluency in Python
- A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies
- An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $160,000 to $305,000 plus benefits & equity.
See more open positions at OpenSea
Something looks off?