Lead Developer Support Engineer
We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present, the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this in the open (under an MIT open source license) because we believe in open source innovation and its ability to accelerate growth.
OP Labs is building Optimism mainnet, and by extension, the infrastructure that powers all OP-Stack chains. We are improving Ethereum’s performance by orders of magnitude and donating the profits from doing so to funding Ethereum public goods. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs can align its incentives with the public good and take positive-sum steps toward a sustainable future for the internet.
OP Labs is looking for a Lead Support Engineer to join our Developer Relations team. You will be responsible for managing the technical support function and ensuring that issues from partners, developers, and OP Stack contributors are being addressed in a timely and effective manner. You will also work closely with other members of the Developer Relations team to ensure that customer needs are being met and to provide feedback to the product team.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Lead the technical support function, including responding to support requests, triaging issues, and developing new support processes or tools as needed.
- Build operations, processes, and solutions that speed up OP Chain deployments and improve OP Chain operations.
- Hack up solutions to common problems, in addition to working with Product for longer term fixes.
- Relentlessly attack sources of ticket volume to stay ahead of exponential growth.
- Ensure that partner and customer issues are being addressed in a timely and effective manner, and work closely with the Developer Relations, Product, and Engineering teams to resolve complex issues.
- Rigorously track and report on issues and the support function as a whole, defining key metrics and how they are reported to leadership.
- Act as a strong internal advocate for developers using OP products, in particular advocating for long term and proactive solutions to common issues.
- Work closely with the product team to provide feedback on customer needs and identify opportunities for product improvements.
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials to support customers and internal teams.
- Establish process to leverage open source developers who identify, track, and resolve issues in public with the developer community.
- Work closely with the Optimism Foundation to manage technical support contributor team.
What skills do you bring?
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, with a track record of providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong technical skills and experience with troubleshooting complex issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with customers, internal teams, and external partners.
- Experience managing a technical support team is a plus.
What will you like about us?
- We take care of our employees. Competitive compensation, fully paid medical, dental, and vision, and a 4% 401K match—learn more about our benefits, culture, and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from varied backgrounds. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We’re fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and like to have fun.
- We think long-term. Our founders have been scaling Ethereum since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.