Software Engineer, Governance
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem; Optimism's network improves Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation. We believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
The OP Labs security team is looking for a passionate and innovative software engineer to own the Superchain’s protocol governance and multisig infrastructure. This person will build tooling and platforms to help OP Labs, the Optimism Foundation, the Security Council and the Governance team to perform onchain, multisig, and governance operations.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work alongside product managers, security engineers and protocol engineers to build the Superchain’s protocol governance infrastructure.
- Own the Security Council technical infrastructure and ship new security council features based on requirements from product managers and our decentralization roadmap.
- Contribute to internal and open source multisig operations tooling and infrastructure.
What skills do you bring?
- Extensive experience in a software engineering role shipping production code.
- Deep understanding of blockchain tech, smart contracts, and DAO mechanics.
- Experience writing Solidity, typescript and Gnosis Safe apps and modules.
- Full stack engineering experience delivering Protocol Governance and Security Council related features, such as features built on top of governance systems like OZ, Compound, etc.
- Passion for decentralization.
- High agency. This person must be able to proactively identify issues and improvements, then fix them. The team shouldn’t have to hand-hold successful candidates.
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.