Senior Engineering Manager - Application Security
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
Locations Supported: UK, EU, USA, Canada
About the position:
MoonPay is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Security group. In this role you will be responsible for leading the security team
- Team management. Manage, support, coach and develop high performing engineers through regular 1:1 and continuous feedback.
- Lead on the creation, development and implementation of security best practices
- Create and maintain security documentation, including threat models, security requirements, design documents, and security guidelines.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and architects to integrate security requirements into the product design and architecture.
Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of technical experience with at least 3 years of experience leading efforts in Application Security.
- You have experience managing the performance and development of high-performing Security Engineers, including seniors and leads, at a high growth, rapidly scaling startups.
- Experience in programming languages such as Typescript and frameworks like NestJS/React.
- Experience using or building tools to automate security processes.
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, SaaS, Crypto.
- In-depth understanding of blockchain technology, including consensus mechanisms, cryptographic primitives, and decentralized protocols.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with various cryptocurrencies, smart contract platforms, and token standards (e.g., ERC-20, ERC-721).
Our interview process usually takes place on video call and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter interview
- Technical Interview
- People Leadership Interview
- Cross Functional Interview
- Meeting with C-Level
Equity package 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
Commitment to diversity:
At MoonPay we believe that every voice matters. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination. That’s why we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including, but not limited to, hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, and leave of absence.
MoonPay is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our job application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform our Talent Team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.