Manager, Suspicious Activity Report
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
The Compliance Team ❤️
As the Manager, Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR), you’ll join our team at MoonPay leading its regulatory compliance SAR filing within our Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML/BSA, alerts, investigations, and SAR filing compliance, who is extremely strategic and enjoys solving problems. We are currently looking for candidates in North America.
What you’ll do 👀
- Enhance existing processes and procedures for SAR filing in the United States.
- Oversee, monitor and act upon compliance-related investigations and/or SAR escalations and referrals from transaction monitoring, cyber, the business, and fraud.
- Manage the Investigations/SAR filing team ensuring all cases and SAR reports are filed on-time and meeting corporate and regulatory standards.
- Work in collaboration with a myriad of teams within MoonPay to educate and train on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and our requirements.
- Investigate and document incidents of potential money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, and other illicit activities at MoonPay.
- Write, edit, and review Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to be transmitted to FinCEN and applicable agencies.
- Prepare metric SAR metric reports to capture material statistics and trends (e.g., filed SARs, typologies, production, etc.).
- Oversee the investigations and recommendations for Suspicious Transaction Reports associated with international jurisdictions working closely with the appropriate MLRO/Head of Compliance.
- Keep up with regulatory updates and assist in identifying new trends and evolving AML typologies
- Contribute to projects optimizing the regulatory program and operation team's processes
You should apply if ✅
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- 7+ years experience at a financial institution, ideally in FinTech and/or MSBs.
- 7+ years of experience with regulatory compliance in the finance industry (i.e. BSA, OFAC, etc.).
- 7+ years of experience leading compliance initiatives from inception to implementation.
- 3+ years SAR reviewing, approving and filing experience
- ACAMS / ACFCS or ICA accreditation
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- Experience with auditing compliance requirements against sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering,, and Consumer Protection programs.
- Experience working with auditors and/or external regulators.
- Experience reporting compliance posture to senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to take lead on cross functional teams, to drive initiatives and improve internal processes.
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Customer oriented in your approach.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
- First-rate decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain a strong operational focus with the capacity to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you are only a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
Hiring Manager Screen (20-30 minutes)
Compliance screen (20-30 minutes)
Culture Screen (20-30 minutes)
Final interview (20-30 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance
Something looks off?