Senior Manager, Communications
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
The Team ❤️
Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, you’ll play a pivotal role in positioning MoonPay as the leading, most-innovative Web3 solutions provider amongst businesses, consumers and its employees. As a part of the small by mighty Communications team within MoonPay, you will work very closely with cross-functional teams, including Leadership, Marketing, Business Development, Product, People, Legal, etc.
At MoonPay, the Communications team is responsible for media relations, public speaking, investor communications, internal communications and crisis communications.
What you’ll do 👀
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and leadership on wider narrative positioning and business strategy.
- Create and execute earned media strategies tied to MoonPay business announcements and strategic initiatives
- Leverage top-tier media relationships with trade and business media to secure opportunities for key editorial coverage
- Organize media interviews and develop background materials to prepare MoonPay executives and spokespeople for interviews and appearances
- Produce high-quality written materials including key messaging, press releases, Q&A, statements and external newsletters
- Identify topics, trends and news agenda items in order to proactively pitch and secure weekly media coverage
- Serve as a strategic internal communications liaison for all business units across the company
- Manage and enhance existing internal communications channels (weekly newsletters, bi-weekly All Hands meetings, Kaizen Academy, etc.) with fresh content and mediums to drive engagement
- Spotlight positive internal story-telling opportunities to increase employee engagement and brand confidence, helping to drive company culture
You should apply if ✅
- 7+ years relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team
- Solid working relationships with top-tier media
- Consistent track record of securing high-level media coverage in news and trade press
- Experience working directly with executives and supporting executive communications
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and build trust with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shows sound judgment in difficult situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Crypto industry experience and knowledge highly preferred