Sr. Mobile Game Designer - Philippines
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Sr. Mobile Game Designer - Philippines
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles. Limit Break founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming, We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits.
We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of the future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for a Sr. Mobile Game Designer with experience with free to play(F2P) and have a deep understanding in game design theory, and be well versed with current mobile game trends.
As Senior Game Designer, you will implement, and iterate on design problems relating to things like game mechanics, rewards, game modes, ranked systems, monetization, and/or social systems. You will participate in the product roadmap, to innovate new compelling experiences for our mobile, cross platform and Web3 integrated games, and collaborate with live services to optimize live game content and events with a data driven design approach using real time customer metrics.
This is a great opportunity to design a wide variety of features, events, meta systems, and other core mechanics necessary for the success of the game. You will assist and support the Design Lead to push features through the entire development cycle including concept exploration, documentation, development and playtesting. You will get to innovate and shape new gaming experiences from concept to hands-on implementation.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do:
● Establish process for design and integration of new game levels and live game events with compelling visual narrative, cutscenes and engaging minigames, events and quests
● Collaborate with the Creative, Art, Design and UI teams to develop concepts and storyboards for game levels and events utilizing visual narrative design techniques
● Expert ability and understanding of how to show story progression through mechanics/gameplay
● Design, document, and communicate game mechanics, rules, and systems, ensuring clarity and alignment with the project's vision
● Prototype and iterate on gameplay ideas, gathering feedback from stakeholders and conducting playtests to refine and improve the player experience
● Experience with designing 3D environments, animations and cinematics, to design and innovate compelling visual narratives for our mobile games
● Will assemble a wide assortment of assets (models, characters, animations, VFX, Audio, Gameplay, Narrative and more) in the Unity engine
● Collaborate with Production to establish and maintain a content pipeline during pre production, production and live game against goals
● Ensure implementation of features are built according to design specs and creative quality
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done:
● 5+ years of experience working in the video games industry
● Demonstrated ability to design engaging premises and visual narratives for game mechanics, levels, quests, minigames and events, including but not limited to optimizing level flow, pacing, visual storytelling, character animations, PvP experience, etc.
● Expert understanding of how to show story progression through mechanics/gameplay.
● Strong knowledge of 3D environments, animations and cinematics and innovate compelling visual narratives for our mobile games
● Experience using Unity to build/create 3D game scenes, levels and environments
● Design, implement, and iterate on design problems relating to things like game mechanics, rewards, game modes, ranked systems, monetization, and/or social systems.
● Demonstrated ability to analyze game systems for their strengths and weakness
● Demonstrated experience in mobile free to play, have a deep understanding in game design theory, and be well versed with current mobile game trends
● Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team
● Ability to work with people from other fields of expertise in a strong culture of data driven design using customer metrics from live services
● Self-sufficient and resourceful; able to identify and work with technical constraints.
Nice to have. What an ideal candidate looks like:
● Live game services experience, including management of a content pipeline and events calendar with live services team, and optimizing content design, investments and resource allocation against real time customer metrics
● Aware of new technologies and processes related to the industry
● Agile development and hands on experience, ability to tweak or implement animations, VFX, lighting, and other assets as needed
● You are excited to utilize new technologies and design novel games for a new market of players
● Experience designing a F2P Mobile game from scratch a plus
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you.
Apply to email@example.com to explore this new opportunity. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.