Principal Game Designer
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Principal/Lead Systems Designer
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are our core principles. Limit Break was founded by gaming industry leaders with a vision to develop the best in class gaming experience. In this new era of games beyond games, we are transforming digital markets into real-world economies, and digital worlds into vibrant communities. Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for a Lead Systems Designer ideally with a seasoned career experience working with player data, game economy and game systems.
As a Principal/Lead Designer you are an expert in the systems design and game economy that underlies all of our features, content, and player experience. You are experienced with game math and flow design, understand who our players are and what motivates and drives them to engage. You love and live in data related to player behavior. You have proven your ability to work closely with other designers and stakeholders to create the most engaging player experience in alignment with our business goals. that incisively align with business goals. You are experienced making data driven decisions and tools that drive automation of content generation, live testing and optimization.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do:
● Oversee economy design, math, balance and economic tuning of our games according to data and desired player behavior.
● Design and implement systems and configuration that improve long-term player retention, and provide more monetization
● Build simulations and predictive models to forecast the results of changes in configurations or content
● Monitor and investigate micro and macro player balances to ensure the overall health of the game’s economy
● Create different experiences for different type of players
● Manage the pricing of in-game goods; balance between free content vs. paid currency in the game economy
● Plan data hooks, A/B testing and analyze player behavior data
● Collaborate closely with product, data scientists and live operations teams
● Diplomatically manage relationships with development partners and help to assess their strengths and weaknesses
● Take into account information from research groups, such as data scientists and player insights teams when building your designs.
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done:
● 7+ years of Game Design experience focused on Systems, Features, Content
● 3+ years of experience in Economy Design for mobile game/free-to-playHave worked on at least one live game, in collaboration with data scientists and live operators to achieve metric targets and revenue goals
● Technical skills with scripting languages, data analysis and machine learning (e.g. R, SQL, Python, etc)
● Strong verbal and written communication powers.
● You can explain accurately to a variety of audiences how your designs function.
● You are strong at systems design and goal oriented with a deep understanding of player behavior and motivations and design systems and features that satisfy both players’ behavioral and emotional drivers for engagement.
● Your designs both provide elements that provide a delightful experience for players of different profiles and anticipate and support long term goals business.
● Your designs respect your and the team’s capabilities, and are implementable within the timeframes given by producers.
Nice to have. What an ideal candidate looks like:
● You are analytical. introspective and curious about human behavior.
● You draw on deep experience and are also experimentally minded, comfortable questioning assumptions
● You are technical and deeply data driven, designing controlled tests to test hypotheses and better understand our player motivations as they interact with our game.
● You have worked on game math and economy design in multiple genres (e.g. casino, puzzle, idle, rpg, srg) and can apply your learnings across contexts.
● You are excited to utilize new technologies and design novel games for a new market of players.
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org to explore this new opportunity. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.