Project Manager / Translator / Interpreter (Japan)
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2023
Project Manager / Translator / Interpreter
Location: Onsite in Tokyo office
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Welcome to Limit Break, where gaming and innovation meet to create a world like no other. As global pioneers in the Mobile gaming industry, we go beyond traditional boundaries to redefine digital markets and build vibrant communities that transcend virtual boundaries.
Our vision extends far beyond gaming as we leverage cutting-edge technology, cryptocurrency, and our unparalleled creative vision to craft unforgettable experiences that unite people from every corner of the globe. From players to traders, we're elevating gaming economies to new heights.
At Limit Break, we take pride in our illustrious track record of over a decade of excellence. Our visionary founders have continually pushed the envelope, transforming the mobile gaming industry with their bold innovations and calculated risks.
Join our trailblazers' team; together, we'll maintain our position as the unrivaled global leaders in mobile gaming.
Backed by esteemed investors such as Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures, we're not just a company but a dynamic force of change and are eager to welcome brilliant minds to help us shape the future of gaming and beyond. Be a part of Limit Break's extraordinary journey, where your creativity and passion will know no limits.
About the Role:
Limit Break is seeking a versatile individual to fill the role of Project Manager, and Japanese to English interpreter role. In this dual-role position, you will be responsible for managing the operational aspects of Projects, facilitating effective communication between Japanese and English-speaking teams. If you're a skilled, bilingual project manager with expertise, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our startup's success in Tokyo.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do:
● Collaborate with stakeholders to define project scope, objectives, and requirements.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, and QA teams, to manage workflows.
● Facilitate communication and collaboration between team members.
● Allocate resources effectively to ensure project milestones are met. Identify and address resource constraints or bottlenecks.
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including schedules, status reports, and project plans and onboarding processes of new team members.
● Manage relationships with external vendors, negotiating contracts and ensuring deliverables meet project specifications.
● Work closely with QA teams to address any issues and refine the deliverables.
Interpretation & Translation:
● Help with communication by interpreting Japanese to English and vice-versa for internal meetings, interviews, and various technical discussions.
● Translate documentation and other internal resources.
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done
● Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, game development, project management or a related field.
● Proven experience managing game development projects from concept to release.
● Strong understanding of the game development process, including game design, programming, art, and QA testing.
● Vast experience using project management tools and software such as Jira, Trello Excel Sheets and other tools
● Strong organisational and multitasking skills.
● Knowledge of gaming platforms, genres, and industry trends.
● Previous experience working in the gaming industry.
● Project management certification (e.g., PMP, Scrum Master).Certification in Project Management or Localization is a plus.
● Interpretation & Translation experience
If you are a bilingual professional with a passion for translation, project management and operational support and are excited about contributing to the success of a startup, we invite you to join us. Apply to email@example.com to explore this new opportunity and be a key player in shaping our startup's journey!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.