Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Location: Los Angeles
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming, We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for an Animator to establish and maintain our character animation process on our upcoming game. This role will involve working heavily with a variety of other departments to achieve visual fidelity while adhering to technical and design constraints required for the desired platform.
This is a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious and hardworking individual to help the organization shape what best practices are for games involving blockchain technologies. This role is located in Los Angeles.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do:
● Work within the artistic framework established by the Creative Director to generate high quality real-time character and creature animations
● You will help with the animated episodic content, conducting regular reviews and ensuring that animation deliveries meet both technical and artistic standards
● Maintain and contribute to existing process, standards, documentation
● Collaborate with both internal and external Production resources
● Collaborate with Animation Lead, Engineering, and Technical Art to identify production efficiency shortcomings and continue to build and improve upon the existing character animation pipeline
● Work with the Animation Lead, Creative Director, Design Director and Storyboard department to understand and develop delightful and stylistically cohesive animated visual content
● Play the game frequently and review animations in context to ensure accurate translation from source to in-game assets
● Complete creative revisions required as called out by the Creative Director and Animation Lead
● Review animations from outsourcing teams
● Help to ensure that all deadlines are met for the particular episode being worked on
● Resolve problems or concerns within the Animation department in a productive and positive manner, escalating challenges to the Lead Animator when necessary
● Continuously push the quality of the animations
● Help to identify and solve animation process and implementation issues
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done:
● 2+ years of professional experience as a Animator
● Experience working with Unity and/or other procedural animation pipelines. Mechanim, blend trees and state machine experience desirable
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
● Knowledge and experience of working with custom character rigs
● Strong knowledge and experience of creating hand-keyed character animations
● Understanding of the technical limitations of game engines and platforms
● Willingness to accept and provide direction and work well under pressure
● Flexibility to cope with frequent iterations
● Passion for iterative design and peer-to-peer culture.
● Strong understanding of the basic language and techniques of simple and effective cinematic storytelling - shot composition, pacing, continuity etc.
● Translate written narrative and visual storyboards into animation that produces engaging and entertaining episodic content
● Ability to balance and prioritize creating excellent hands-on animation
● Experience managing and collaborating with both internal and remote teams in different time-zones
What you’ll Get in Return:
● Compensation rate between $35.00 -45.00 hourly
If you are confident, driven, and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you.
This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.