Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Location: Los Angeles or San Francisco
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming, We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for a Senior Animator In the Los Angeles area to establish and maintain our character animation process on our upcoming game. This role will involve working heavily with a variety of other departments to achieve visual fidelity while adhering to technical and design constraints required for the desired platform. This position is an opportunity to build a team, and execute your vision for building a new character animation and authoring pipeline.
This is a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious and hardworking individual to help the organization shape what best practices are for games involving blockchain technologies. This role in located in Los Angeles.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do:
● Work within the artistic framework established by the Creative Director to generate high quality real-time character and creature animations
● Set the quality bar while providing animation direction to outsourcers which maintains a cohesive animation style
● Take creative ownership of animated episodic content, conducting regular reviews and ensuring that animation deliveries meet both technical and artistic standards
● Maintain and contribute to existing process, standards, documentation, and training
● Collaborate with both internal and external Production resources to organize, schedule, and manage animation commitments and set delivery expectations
● Integration of outsourced animation assets into our internal Unity pipeline
● Partner with Engineering and Technical Art to identify production efficiency shortcomings and continue to build and improve upon the existing character animation pipeline
● Work with the Creative Director, Design Director and Storyboard department to develop delightful and stylistically cohesive animated visual content
● Play the game frequently and review animations in context to ensure accurate translation from source to in-game assets
● Complete creative revisions required as called out by the Creative Director
● Review animations from outsourcing teams and predict challenges that may come up throughout the episode and distribute work throughout the team
● Support and mentor animation team, focusing on strengths within the team when assigning workload
● Review animation completed by the team and assign revisions as required
● Review all completed animation and revisions prior to submitting work to the Director
● Ensure that all internal and external deadlines are met for the particular episode being worked on
● Resolve problems or concerns within the Animation department in a productive and positive manner, escalating challenges to the Lead Animator when necessary
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done:
● Strong understanding of the basic language and techniques of simple and effective cinematic storytelling - shot composition, pacing, continuity etc.
● Translate written narrative and visual storyboards into animation that produces engaging and entertaining episodic content
● 5+ years of professional experience as a Senior Animator
● Experience working with Unity and/or other procedural animation pipelines. Mechanim, blend trees and state machine experience desirable
● Previous experience with facial animation pipelines
● Ability to balance and prioritize creating excellent hands-on animation, management and production accountability and visibility
● Experience managing and collaborating with both internal and remote teams in different time-zones
● Passion for iterative design and peer-to-peer culture
Must live in Los Angeles
What you’ll Get in Return:
● Competitive total compensation between $165,600 and $194,800
● Generous parental leave (12 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
● Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
● Company-paid Life Insurance
● Health & wellness stipend
● Cell phone stipend
● Company-paid identify theft/credit monitoring service
● Generous home office reimbursement
If you are confident, driven, and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you.
This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.