Senior Engineer (Unity)
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Senior Unity Engineer
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break is founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming. We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of the future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for an experienced Senior Unity Engineer to join our team to lead development of a new, mid-core, 3D mobile game project, from prototype to full production. Initially, you will be working closely with a very small team to build out and iterate on a prototype, including with executive stakeholders. Then, you will work with the leads and directors of the different disciplines to scale out the team from pre-production to production.
This is a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious and hardworking individual to establish a greenfield game project as part of an engaged and experienced organization
● Lead the technical design and implementation of a new Unity 3D game project, from prototype to full production. Develop and rapidly iterate on the game prototype, in close collaboration with design leads, and work with other leaders to ultimately scale the development team and project into full production
● Have strong game design sensibilities and the ability to translate general, high level direction into rapid, functional prototypes or scalable, maintainable systems and mechanics as is required for the appropriate stage of development
● Partner closely with design, art, production, engineering teams to identify focus areas and provide effective solutions for the appropriate phase of development
● Relentlessly and effectively prioritize game tasks, including championing for and even wearing different hats if needed to unblock the development of the project and team
● Iterate on and enforce processes, pipelines, and best practices for game development
● Perform code and architecture reviews
● Identify opportunities to incorporate new technologies and techniques to maximize workflow efficiencies and to provide effective, maintainable, and secure games and related applications
● B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
● 8+ years of software engineering experience, ideally in live service mobile games
● 5+ years of experience with Unity 3D game development
● Strong sense of initiative and ownership
● Experience building a game from prototype to launching and shipping the game, ideally with Unity
● Comfortable and effective working across a range of technologies
● Strong foundations in system architecture, software design, and production software development best practices
● Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, including executive leadership
● A "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done
● Passion for games and strong game design sensibilities
● Excellent understanding of Unity 3D game and tools development, including live service tooling and management
● Broad knowledge of available Unity plugins and assets that can be used for development of the game
● Experience with AWS and building cloud native applications
● Experience with Go
● Passion for blockchain and games development, demonstrating an awareness and following of industry trends and best practices
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org to explore this new opportunity. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.