Senior UI/UX Designer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Senior UX/UI Designer
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming, We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for a Product UX Designer to develop the UI/ UX on our game. You will combine your extensive skills and experience in gaming, user-experience, and interaction design to own UX development for a gaming experience that paves the way for Blockchain in gaming.
In addition to hands-on project ownership, the Sr UX/UI Designer will define a user-centric design process at Limit Break, with additional leadership and management opportunities available as the Design team grows.
Leveraging your web2 knowledge and experience and help define web3 UX best practices to create compelling gameplay for our players.
● Define, create and maintain UX design best practices, pipelines, tools, and processes for the company, starting with the launch of our game
● Own UX design for our games, leveraging User-centered design and other industry best practices to ensure a frictionless and compelling user design
● Work with Art to create game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics
● Collaborate with other departments to define and create an engaging gameplay experience and assist in prioritization of new features
● Gather, analyze and apply user research data to ensure only the best design ideas move into development
● Run workshops to flesh out user journeys and drive alignment across the team
● Create UX and design artifacts including user flow diagrams, journey maps, and wireframe prototypes to aid validation and development
You will enjoy working on our team and perform well if you can answer “yes” to the following:
● Do you have an 'easy user interface?
● Are you a believer in the Empowered Product Team model (vs Delivery or Feature teams)?
● Do you have the confidence to challenge and ask ‘why’ when you don’t understand or have a different POV?
● Can you get valuable things done even when there are multiple barriers to doing so?
● Are your default settings energetic, optimistic, actions focused, solutions focused?
● Can you thrive in a very agile, constantly and rapidly changing environment?
● Are you a self-starter able to move forward with minimal direction and without full clarity?
● Must communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively (even on technical subjects)?
● Are you able to influence and build consensus across all disciplines and levels?
● Do you have a strong attention to detail, taking pride in delivering first class outputs?
● Do you intuitively know when to challenge and when to pull back and/or try another route to getting what you need from people?
● 5+ years experience in a Product Design role, specifically in games, ideally mobile
● In-depth knowledge of both UX and UI Visual Design disciplines via a portfolio
● Excellent UI/UX skills across the User-centric design spectrum, with demonstrated experience of evidence-based design decision-making
● Strong experience in prototyping, including experience with tools like Figma and Miro board
● Comfortable working at each stage of product development lifecycle; from discovery and research; to design, spec and build, to testing and measuring the impact of solutions
● Experience working with Agile, Lean methodologies
● Free to play game experience a plus
● Experience with source control tools a plus (GitHub & Plastic)
● Experience building UI within Unity
● Basic understanding of Front End technologies such as: HTML, CSS, JSO
What you’ll Get in Return:
● Competitive total compensation between $147,900 and $174,000
● Generous paid vacation
● Generous parental leave (12 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
● Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
● Company-paid Life Insurance
● Health & wellness stipend
● Cell phone stipend
● Company-paid identify theft/credit monitoring service
● Generous home office reimbursement
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe.We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.