Senior Engineer (Unity) (Japan)
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Senior Engineer (Unity)
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Welcome to Limit Break, where gaming and innovation meet to create a world like no other. As global pioneers in the mobile gaming industry, we go beyond traditional boundaries to redefine digital markets and build vibrant communities that transcend virtual boundaries.
Our vision extends far beyond gaming as we leverage cutting-edge technology, cryptocurrency, and our unparalleled creative vision to craft unforgettable experiences that unite people from every corner of the globe. From players to traders, we're elevating gaming economies to new heights.
At Limit Break, we take pride in our illustrious track record of over a decade of excellence. Our visionary founders have continually pushed the envelope, transforming the mobile gaming industry with their bold innovations and calculated risks. Join our trailblazers' team; together, we'll maintain our position as the unrivaled global leaders in mobile gaming.
Backed by esteemed investors such as Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures, we're not just a company but a dynamic force of change and are eager to welcome brilliant minds to help us shape the future of gaming and beyond. Be a part of Limit Break's extraordinary journey, where your creativity and passion will know no limits.
About the Role:
Unleash your potential at Limit Break as we seek an exceptional Lead Staff Unity Engineer to spearhead an exciting new venture! We are embarking on a groundbreaking journey to develop a cutting-edge, mid-core, 3D mobile game from concept to reality.
At the outset, you'll collaborate closely with a small yet dynamic team to craft and refine the game's prototype, ensuring alignment with executive stakeholders. As the project gains momentum, you'll take charge of scaling the team from pre-production to full production, collaborating with leads and directors across various disciplines.
This role offers an inquisitive and driven individual a rare chance to shape the workflow and assemble a top-notch team for an ambitious gaming project. Join a passionate and experienced organization where bright minds thrive, and your dedication to gaming excellence will be celebrated.
You will have the opportunity to play an active role as a core member from the beginning of the team. Leave your mark on the gaming world and be part of an engaging, forward-looking team!
● Provide technical direction and guidance to the team, making important architectural decisions, and ensuring they follow best practices.
● Actively writing and reviewing code, optimizing performance, and tackling complex technical challenges.Overseeing the development process, setting milestones, and ensuring the team meets deadlines and project goals.
● Lead the design and implementation of a new Unity 3D game project, from its initial prototype to full production.
● Collaborate closely with design leads and other team members to rapidly iterate on the game prototype.Working with different teams, such as design, art, production, and engineering, to identify focus areas and find effective solutions for each development phase.
● Prioritize tasks effectively, even taking on different roles if needed, to ensure smooth progress for the project and team.Improving and enforcing processes, pipelines, and best practices for game development.
● Conduct code and architecture reviews to maintain high standards.
● Explore and integrate new technologies and techniques to enhance workflow efficiency and create secure, maintainable games and applications.
● B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
● 8+ years of software engineering experience, ideally in live service mobile games
● 5-7 years of experience with Unity 3D game development
● Strong sense of initiative and ownership
● Experience building a game from prototype to launching and shipping the game, ideally with Unity
● Comfortable and effective working across a range of technologies
● Strong foundations in system architecture, software design, and production software development best practices
● Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, including executive leadershipA "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done
Nice to have. What an ideal candidate looks like:
● Passion for games and strong game design sensibilities
● Excellent understanding of Unity 3D game and tools development, including live service tooling and management
● Broad knowledge of available Unity plugins and assets that can be used for the development of the game
● Experience with F2P gamingExperience with AWS and building cloud-native applications
● Experience with Server development (Ex: Go, Java, Python)
● Passion for blockchain and games development, demonstrating an awareness and following of industry trends and best practices
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org to explore this new opportunity. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.