Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break is founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming. We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for a Senior Build Engineer to join our team. As the first addition to the Limit Break Build team, you will have the autonomy to influence our practices, team and processes, and to create a truly customer-driven culture of DevOps from the ground up.
This is a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious and hardworking individual to help the organization shape what best practice for blockchain technologies and games will be.
● Standardize and improve our CI/CD and build process for Unity, Go, React and other applications
● Own investigations and resolution into pipeline issues as primary point of contact
● Empower engineers through self-service tools and documentation and advocate DevOps culture
● Implement and improve on self-service tools to enable visibility into code coverage for unit tests and integration tests
● Identify, propose and execute improvements to performance and scalability bottlenecks in our current systems/infrastructure on AWS
● Utilize your knowledge of code to solve broad operational challenges within the Limit Break Infrastructure and Platform
● Work with the wider engineering team to identify how we can provide the most effective build processes and systems for optimal manual and automated testing
● 5+ years experience as build engineer or Devops
● Strong background in managing Git repos and CI/CD implementation
● Strong background in deploying applications on k8s or EKS
● Extensive experience in Terraform and Ansible
● Strong background in building and releasing Unity games on iOS and Android, React and Go-Lang applications
● Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
● Effective communication skills to be able to clearly explain your reasoning and thought process for anything you propose.
● Excellent collaboration skills to be able to work closely with product engineers and product owners to understand their context and co-design appropriate solutions which balance feature velocity with site reliability
● Experience with ArgoCD, Flux or Weaveworks
● Prior blockchain experience.
● Worked on a large greenfields project(s)
What you’ll Get in Return:
● Competitive total compensation between $185,000 to $220,000
● Generous paid vacation
● Generous parental leave (12 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
● Equity for all employees at all levels
● Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
● Company-paid Life Insurance
● Health & wellness stipend
● Cell phone stipend
● Company-paid identify theft/credit monitoring service
● Generous home office reimbursement
If you are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.