Lead Technical Artist (Japan)
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Lead Technical Artist - Japan
Location: Onsite, Tokyo
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles. Welcome to Limit Break, where gaming and innovation meet to create a world like no other. As global pioneers in the mobile gaming industry, we go beyond traditional boundaries to redefine digital markets and build vibrant communities that transcend virtual boundaries.
Our vision extends far beyond gaming as we leverage cutting-edge technology, cryptocurrency, and our unparalleled creative vision to craft unforgettable experiences that unite people from every corner of the globe. From players to traders, we're elevating gaming economies to new heights. At Limit Break, we take pride in our illustrious track record of over a decade of excellence. Our visionary founders have continually pushed the envelope, transforming the mobile gaming industry with their bold innovations and calculated risks. Join our trailblazers' team; together, we'll maintain our position as the unrivaled global leaders in mobile gaming.
Backed by esteemed investors such as Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures, we're not just a company but a dynamic force of change and are eager to welcome brilliant minds to help us shape the future of gaming and beyond. Be a part of Limit Break's extraordinary journey, where your creativity and passion will know no limits.
About the Role
As a Lead Technical Artist, you are a skilled game development professional who liaises between the artistic and technical teams. You have to possess artistic and technical expertise and effectively integrate visual elements into the digital environment while adhering to the game engine or software constraints. Your responsibilities include optimizing art assets for real-time rendering, developing efficient art pipelines and tools, and collaborating closely with artists, designers, and programmers to bring the artistic vision to life. Additionally, troubleshoot and resolve art-related issues, ensuring the final product achieves the desired visual quality and performance in interactive experiences. You will have the opportunity to play an active role as a core member from the beginning of the team. Leave your mark on the gaming world and be part of an engaging, forward-looking team!
Responsibilities. What you’ll do
● Work closely with artists, designers, and programmers to understand a project's artistic vision and requirements.
● Find ways to implement these visual elements within the technical constraints of the game engine or software.
● Iterate with Unity 3D scene implementations to finalize the product and other creative requirements.
Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between engineering and artist teams.
● Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
● Create technical benchmarks to be used in production, implement optimizations and monitor the performance of the game.
● Implement technical art features with the help of the programming team.
● Cooperate and support other programmers and be part of a multidisciplinary team.
● Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues.
● Share with the other artists and programmers best-practices and new tools.
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done
● B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
● 8+ years of experience with Unity 3D game development
● Expert level knowledge of the Unity game engine.
● 5+ years of experience leading a team of artists and technical artists
● Knowledge of real-time 3D graphics pipeline optimization for mobile platforms.
● Experience in Shader development.
● Proficient in scripting in C# within the Unity environment.
● Capacity to handle stress appropriately.
● Strong problem-solving skills.
● Adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
● Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, including executive leadership.
● A "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done.
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org to explore this new opportunity. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.