Art Director For Mobile Games (Japan)
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Art Director for Mobile Games
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Welcome to Limit Break, where gaming and innovation meet to create a world like no other. As global pioneers in the Mobile gaming industry, we go beyond traditional boundaries to redefine digital markets and build vibrant communities that transcend virtual boundaries.
Our vision extends far beyond gaming as we leverage cutting-edge technology, cryptocurrency, and our unparalleled creative vision to craft unforgettable experiences that unite people from every corner of the globe. From players to traders, we're elevating gaming economies to new heights.
At Limit Break, we take pride in our illustrious track record of over a decade of excellence. Our visionary founders have continually pushed the envelope, transforming the mobile gaming industry with their bold innovations and calculated risks. Join our trailblazers' team; together, we'll maintain our position as the unrivaled global leaders in mobile gaming.
Backed by esteemed investors such as Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures, we're not just a company but a dynamic force of change and are eager to welcome brilliant minds to help us shape the future of gaming and beyond. Be a part of Limit Break's extraordinary journey, where your creativity and passion will know no limits.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for a creative wizard with a passion for bringing extraordinary worlds to life! One that possesses an uncanny ability to wield pixels and colors like an artist wields a brush. If you have an insatiable appetite for innovation and a knack for thinking outside the pixel box, then we've got the perfect role for you – the Mobile Game Art Director Extraordinaire at Limit Break.
You will be responsible for overseeing and guiding the artistic vision and style of this Mobile game, ensuring that it aligns with the game's design and narrative goals. You’ll work closely with other team members, such as game designers, developers, and artists, to create a cohesive and immersive visual experience for players. Making sure the best, most efficient pipeline is in place.
Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to establish clarity from ambiguity, facilitation of collaboration with remote resources, a team-first attitude, and maintaining a friendly, supportive, creative environment are all essential to your success. You will have the opportunity to play an active role as a core member from the beginning of the team. Leave your mark on the gaming world and be part of an engaging, forward-looking team!
Responsibilities. What you'll do:
● Set the artistic vision while working closely with the game's creative leads, such as the game designer, writer, and producer, to establish a clear and compelling artistic vision for the project. This vision sets the tone for the overall art direction and guides the entire art team throughout development for our Mobile game.
● Lead the art team in developing the game's art style. This includes deciding on the visual aesthetics, color palette, character designs, environment art, and other artistic elements contributing to the game's visual identity.
● Oversee and manage the art team, providing guidance, feedback, and direction to every artist individually. Conduct regular art meetings, reviews, and critiques to ensure that the artwork aligns with the established style and quality standards.
● Collaborate closely with other departments, such as game design, narrative, and technical teams. Ensure that the art meshes seamlessly with other game elements and that the visual design supports the overall gameplay and story.
● Maintain a keen eye on the game's art quality, ensuring consistency and visual excellence. Be involved in testing and providing feedback on art-related aspects of the game.
● Manage art production schedules, budgets, and resources effectively. Ensure the team has the tools and assets to deliver the desired artistic vision within the project's constraints.
● Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations in art and gaming to bring fresh ideas and techniques to the team.
● Facilitate healthy collaboration, strong communication, effective process, and accountability across all individuals, supporting the franchise.
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done
● 8+ years related experience; or combination/equivalent of education and experience
● Experience in shipping at least one AAA/Mobile game with a multiplayer component or a demonstrable understanding of Art Direction for multiplayer games.
● Excellent artistic and technical skill sets (concept art, illustration, high-resolution sculpting/modeling, wizard in making low-poly look good, UI design)
● Experience in implementing and experimenting with vast amounts of pipelines for Mobile games, both 2D and 3DExpertise with 2D/3D next-gen production tools (knowledge of rendering engines and compositing is an asset)
● Demonstrates mastery of illustration, animation, and graphic design with versatility regarding backgrounds, characters, and UI elements.
● Possesses excellent knowledge of the principles behind anatomy and design
● Possesses a positive track record in terms of developing, mentoring, and managing multidisciplinary graphics teams
● Excellent knowledge/reasoning when it comes to Mobile game development and the realities of production, both from technical and conceptual standpoints
● Independent, rigorous, and equipped with excellent organizational skills
Nice to have.
● Ability to communicate thoughts clearly and effectively in English.
● Hands-on experience with game engines especially Unity
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe.We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.