Senior Backend Engineer
Lightspark is the easiest, most reliable, enterprise-grade gateway to the Lightning Network, enabling money to move just like bits and bytes do on the Internet. Lightspark services aim to be the fastest, lowest cost, easiest and most reliable way to send and receive payments globally using Lightning. We want to deliver open payments for the Internet at scale and we’re laser-focused on solving real problems for our customers with best-in-class innovative software solutions. We aim to help businesses around the world benefit from real time payments and build amazing new experiences for themselves and their customers. Lightspark is headquartered in Los Angeles but serving the world.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in entrepreneurial environments, enjoy writing and shipping code fast, and can help us build out a great culture of engineering excellence. We’re looking for people who are passionate about building world-changing software and solving complex problems to further our mission, as well as having fun along the way. This position is based in Los Angeles, California.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, building, scaling, and maintaining production services.
- Building a deep understanding of Lightning and collaborating with the community to make core protocol and implementation improvements
- Creating a rich services layer to serve the next set of users and use cases - bringing Lightning to mass adoption
- Building frameworks to collect and deeply analyze Lightning data for the purposes of solution improvement
- Extending Lightning via advanced functionality that solves the next wave of complex problems and introduces Lightning to broader audiences
- Desire to learn and grow in a highly collaborative environment
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of infrastructure or back-end engineering
- Experience writing, high quality, well tested code
- Experience communicating and collaborating across technical and other cross functional teams
- CS degree, or equivalent is ideal but not required. We appreciate and acknowledge that some of the best talent comes from non-traditional backgrounds.
- Experience using data to influence decisions
- Familiarity with off-the-shelf coding/deployment solutions (i.e. Docker, kubernetes, AWS, etc.)
- Experience programming in languages such as Rust, C, C++ is a plus
Lightspark is on a mission to build an open payment protocol for the Internet at scale and therefore we’re committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace to reflect the customers we serve. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.