Compliance Associate - México
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As a Bitso Investigation Analyst, you’ll be assisting the Compliance Team in managing internal compliance-related requirements, alerts in relation to our Transaction Monitoring system, CNBV requirements, KYC (Know Your Customer) documentation review and analysis, PEPs (Politically Exposed Persons), and other compliance-related issues.
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience inCompliance Standards and AML/CFT regulation in the financial services and crypto industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, law, or social sciences.
- Strong ability to conduct in-depth investigations, research, and pattern recognition of unusual or suspicious activities.
- Solid understanding of AML local regulation and international standards.
- Knowledge of PLD/FT Regulations and Best Practices (local and international).
- Knowledge of PEPs and what documentation and information is required for designation.
- Strong communication skills to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others in both Portuguese and English, Spanish desired.
What You Will Do
- Perform monitoring, alert investigation and analysis, and case escalation.
- Conduct investigations in relation to compliance matters.
- Full customer analysis to submit cases to be discussed in the CCC.
- Ensure any emerging trends or relevant control issues are raised to the AML senior management.
- Ensure timely response to requests for information due to reviews or inspection visits made by local authorities.
- Ensure that the AML policies and procedures are aligned with the local regulations and international standards.
- Provide support to the Head of Compliance Mexico in the review of the escalations related to PEPs and possible SARs.
- Provide support in the attention of internal, external, and regulatory audits.
- Verify customer information and conduct Due Diligence Reviews as part of AML Policy.
- Work side by side with the Customer Support team in order to resolve critical queries from our customers.
- Assist the Compliance team in projects.
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.