Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As Legal Associate, you will play a crucial role in supporting the legal department's efforts to ensure legal and regulatory compliance, manage legal risks, and provide legal guidance in the rapidly evolving landscape of the distributed ledger technology and fintech industries. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work in a cutting-edge environment while contributing to Bitso's growth and success.
You will be working closely with the Legal Corporate Director and the Head of Legal for Mexico as well as with the wider legal and compliance teams.
Mexico Legal Director and Mexico Head of Legal
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- 2 years of legal experience. At least one year of experience after your postgraduate degree.
- Eager to learn and acquire new skills.
- Interest in corporate law, financial regulation, marketing law, intellectual property and technology.Great communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate legal concepts to members outside the legal team.
- Good and reliable team player.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work cross functions with other teams within Bitso.
- Ability to work in multiple projects - being organized and independent (crucial).
- Ability to draft and negotiate service agreements and any other.
- Ability to draft policies and internal documentation.
What You Will Do
- General Corporate Matters:
- Draft and review a wide range of contracts, including agreements with partners, vendors, customers and service providers.
- Ensure contractual terms align with the company's interests and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on contractual matters and potential legal implications. Special focus on marketing and intellectual property matters.
- Assist with corporate governance matters such as drafting board minutes and resolutions, and ensuring filings are up to date with the relevant authorities.
- Assist in completing due diligence requests from our partners, vendors and service providers.
- Legal Research and Analysis:
- Conduct legal research to provide well-informed advice on various legal issues, such as regulatory requirements, intellectual property matters, data privacy, and more.
- Analyze legal issues that may arise from time to time and provide practical solutions to support business decisions.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay up-to-date with evolving regulations and guidelines related to crypto assets, blockchain technology and financial services.
- Assist in developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures to ensure the company's operations align with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assist in preparing and submitting regulatory filings and reports as required by relevant authorities.
- Support the process of maintaining necessary authorisations to operate within the crypto and financial services sectors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess risks associated with new services, projects, initiatives, or product launches, and provide solutions to issues.
- Assist in the preparation of business cases to extend and/or modify regulatory authorisations as required from time to time.
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.