Sr Data Engineer
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
Senior Data Engineer
About Our Team
We pride ourselves on using data to inform our decision-making. This requires ingesting, curating and understanding data across various domains such as Growth, Finance, Product and Marketing. All of this data collection and curation is made possible thanks to the amazing Data Engineers of Bitso who bring this data to life.
Data Engineering at Bitso is a role that requires building systems to process data efficiently and modeling the data to power systems and analytics. These solutions can range from batch data pipelines that bring to life business metrics to near to real-time processing services that integrate with our product features or internal tools. Candidates should have knowledge across several of these skill sets and usually need to be deep in at least one. As a Data Engineer, you also need to have strong communication skills since you will need to collaborate with business intelligence, experimentation, machine learning and engineering to enable a culture of learning.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data warehouse, data lake and data pipeline architecture, as well as supporting the company on data initiatives and ensuring optimal data delivery throughout ongoing projects.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
Who You Are
- Proven English fluency.
- 3+ years professional working experience with analytics, ETLs and data systems
- 3+ years with SQL databases, data lake, big data and cloud infrastructure
- 3+ years experience with spark
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or similar.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, Python, and AWS
- Strong data modeling skills
Nice To Have
- Experience with Terraform
- Working experience in a hypergrowth company, or in the FinTech industry, is a plus.
- Experience in at least one big data relational databases technology such as, Redshift, bigQuery
- Experience with AWS Glue, Lambda, Redshift
What You Will Do
Build processes required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python, Spark.
Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual robust, steady, effective, etc. using standard best practices processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for scalability,
Apply concepts of data integrity, data quality, data security.
Work with stakeholders including the Growth, Finance, Product and Marketing teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data sources.
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with transactional and analytical databases.
Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.