IT Support Analyst
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As an integral member of the IT Operations team, your role as an IT Support professional is crucial in maintaining the functionality and accessibility of the company's computer software and hardware for all employees. Your primary responsibilities include providing technical support to employees, monitoring and maintaining laptop and desktop computer systems, installing and configuring hardware and software, and resolving technical issues promptly.
In this position, you will be responsible for implementing and enforcing IT policies and procedures, encompassing essential areas such as asset management, software and hardware troubleshooting, planning, maintenance, and configuration management. Collaboration with the Information Security team is essential to ensure that IT policies and procedures align with the company's security policies and regulatory requirements.
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- 4+ years of experience in an IT Operations or IT Support role.
- Proficient in English.
- Strong oral communication skills to gather information from employees and explain technical concepts in simple language.
- Strong written communication skills to create and update technical documentation.
- Excellent software and hardware troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MacOS and Windows configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient at IT Service Desk and Remote Desktop Support.
- Scripting experience in Bash, Python, Perl, or PowerShell.
- Strong time management skills.
- Skilled with industry-standard software and hardware management tools.
- Based in Mexico City (this position will require to be onsite 2/3 times a week).
Nice to have:
- AWS Cloud support knowledge
- Okta, Slack, JAMF, Office 365, Endpoint Central experience
- Google Workspace for Business Configuration Experience
- Identify & Access Management experience
- Jira and Confluence experience
What You Will Do
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee’s software/hardware requests and technical assistance.
- Perform remote troubleshooting and software installation.
- Escalate issues to the next level of support when necessary.
- Resolve tickets according to the established SLA’s.
- Maintain and update technical documentation in Confluence.
- Manage IT Asset Lifecycle, ensuring on time delivery of hardware to new users.
- Improve current processes with automation and scripting.
- Gather and analyze data to diagnose problems and fix technical issues.
- Manage and monitor laptop and desktop computer systems health.
- Manual and automated patch Management and software deployments.
- Change configurations, settings, and permissions to fix computer issues.
- Install new software and hardware drivers and update existing ones as needed.
- Update employees on the status of their service requests.
- Log all service requests and update Jira tickets as needed.
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.