Country Manager, Colombia
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
Bitso is looking for a CEO who is excited to lead its journey to become the market leader in Colombia. This executive will become the face of Bitso, both internally and externally, motivating teams and advocating adoption in the market.
Chief Operating Officer
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in English.
- Passionate about crypto and its potential.
- Exhibit robust expertise in accelerating product scaling and driving sales growth.
- Skilled in influencing and managing stakeholders.
- Proven experience scaling up startups in Colombia.
- Expertise in blockchain/crypto or fintech.
What You Will Do
- Drive growth in institutional revenue through effective selling strategies, identifying and prioritizing customer initiatives that align with local needs and preferences, resulting in customer delight.
- Influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams at Bitso to ensure the successful implementation of customer-centric initiatives.
- Act as the representative and spokesperson of Bitso in Colombia, aligning strategies with the overall company direction.
- Stay up-to-date with local and global regulatory developments and establish strong relationships in the industry.
- Develop and consolidate a high-performing team and culture in Colombia, ensuring world-class execution and ownership of local operations.
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.