Remote · London, UK
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Team and Responsibilities
We’re creating a general-purpose private smart contract layer for Ethereum, affectionately dubbed ‘Aztec 3’.
We utilize bleeding-edge cryptography in our tech stack to realize private transactions on a public blockchain network, particularly in the realm of zero-knowledge cryptography.
As a result we possess a world-class R&D team that has co-authored the Plonk and Plookup ZK-SNARK protocols. Plonk in particular is rapidly becoming an industry standard ZK-SNARK technology.
We are looking for experienced cryptographers to expand our R&D team and allow us to further enhance the state-of-the-art when it comes to generating proofs of private computation.
- Research techniques to improve both the constant and asymptotic performance of our cryptographic protocols
- Perform literature reviews to identify new developments that could improve the Prover/Verifier efficiency of our cryptographic protocols (or replace them entirely)
- Develop security proofs for our ZK-SNARK circuit architectures
- Liaise with our applied cryptographers to assist them with implementing our cryptographic protocols in software
- PhD-level qualification in cryptography or a related field
- Named author in one or more papers in the field of zero-knowledge cryptography
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and basic programming concepts
- Ability to read and understand software implementations of cryptographic protocols written in C++
- A penchant for clear and comprehensive documentation
- Able to provide clear and constructive feedback for more junior cryptographers / applied cryptographers, mentoring where necessary
- A passion for blockchain, its potential, and what we’re trying to achieve.
See more open positions at Aztec Protocol
Something looks off?