Full Stack Engineer (P2P Network)
Remote · London, UK
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2022
A key goal of Aztec over the coming year is to meaningfully decentralize the network. Achieving this will require a multi-disciplinary approach that will cover our entire tech stack. One area of particular attention is the networking layer. We’re looking for engineers with specific network protocol experience to:
- Focus on development of Aztec’s networking layer.
- Decentralise the transaction pool, by implementing a p2p network protocol.
- Ensure rapid propagation of transactions through the network.
- Play a critical role in designing and building a scalable and resilient p2p network cable of processing a large proportion of the worlds financial transactions (Rival visa / mastercard but p2p)
- Contribute back to a thriving open source eco-system
- Hook directly into L1 devp2p protocol for advanced L2 synching.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field
- 6+ years industry engineering experience
- Fluent in Typescript (3+ years experience)
- Solid understanding of internet networking protocols.
- Basic understanding of at least one p2p protocol.
- Experience writing networking code in a production environment.
- Development experience with Ethereum.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Located in the UK or can operate in Greenwich Mean Time Zone
- Familiarity with current Ethereum tooling (for inspiration)
- Passion for the web3 space
- Familiarity with other private blockchain technologies like ZCash
- Knowledge of peer-to-peer decentralized networking tools
- A love for Merkle Trees
See more open positions at Aztec Protocol
Something looks off?