Real-Time Data Engineer (Golang/rust)
Amber Group is a leader in digital asset trading, products and infrastructure. We work with companies ranging from token issuers, banks and fintech firms, to sports teams, game developers, brands and creators. Operating at the center of markets, we act as liquidity providers, miners and validators on all major exchanges, applications, and networks. Across all products and categories, we have turned over >$1T in volumes since inception. Our mission is to make our digital future a reality and shape it to be fair, inclusive, and kind.
Our people are both dreamers and doers - a self-driven, entrepreneurial community who are believers in the power of decentralized networks. We collaborate across teams and regions, promoting a culture that is open, transparent, respectful and inclusive.
1. Institutional financial services, helping 1,000+ asset managers, hedge funds, corporates, and family offices invest in digital assets via API and our OTC desk.
2. Consumer financial services with millions of customers investing in digital assets via our award-winning mobile app and web platforms.
3. The emerging digital creator economy including gaming tokens, digital art, sports collectibles, and social tokens.
At Amber Group, you will have the opportunity to work with innovative and entrepreneurial people, solve meaningful problems, accept challenges, and become experts in frontier fields. We strive to take care of our people, providing competitive incentives, benefits and rewards.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain performant, scalable backend infrastructure for real-time data processing and analysis using Golang/rust
- Build and optimize low-latency data pipelines that can handle large volumes of data in real-timeDevelop and implement algorithms and data structures for efficient data storage and retrieval
- Collaborate with data scientists and traders to integrate machine learning models and trading strategies into the backend infrastructure
- Ensure data privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Monitor and analyze system performance to identify potential issues and optimize overall performance
- Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Contribute to the development of technical documentation and training materials
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software development with Golang/rust/C++
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience working with quant trading or crypto data is highly desirable
- Solid experience designing and building scalable backend systems for real-time data processing and analysis
- Experience with database design and management using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure services like AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- Experience with message brokers such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
Amber Group opens its doors to the curious problem solver empowered to make an impact in shaping tomorrow. As a hyper-growth company since day 1, we continually invite talent to join our diverse, nimble and digitally-native teams. If this sounds like you, apply now, or get in touch with us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.